Franklin Avenue & Gower Street
This gas station is on the corner of Franklin Avenue and Gower Street, Hollywood, California. It was directly across from the 6107 Franklin Avenue site of Lawlor Professionals’ School and later, Mar-Ken School. In the top photo, taken in the 1940’s, it was Andy Anderson’s Associated Oil Service Station. In the photo below, taken in July 2006, it is an ARCO station. Note the tower of the Hollywood Presbyterian Church at 1760 N. Gower Street in the background of each photo. (Top photo taken from the roof of Mar-Ken by Eric Davidson. Bottom photo by Alan Simon).